“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.”
Registered Provisional Psychologist
Tara has extensive training, knowledge, and education in the mental health industry. With a warm and collaborative approach to client care, Tara strives to help individuals discover their own path for change and achieve personal growth and wellness.
Tara endeavors to create a nurturing and non-judgmental environment for her clients. Her caring nature and person-centered approach encourages clients to work collaboratively and take an active role in their therapeutic journey.
Tara provides counseling to individuals with various issues from diverse backgrounds and age groups. Tara specializes in working with anxiety, depression, trauma, work life balance, stress, parenting, immigration, marital conflict/divorce, career/academic struggles, self-esteem issues, grief & loss.
In her practice, she places a strong emphasis on empathy, and cross-cultural awareness, using a strength-based approach, encouragement, and the client-therapist relationship as a vehicle for therapeutic movement. Tara utilizes techniques from various theoretical modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Adlerian, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT), Person-Centered, Trauma Focused, and Narrative Therapy. Each service is tailored to meet the individual needs of each client. As a psychologist, Tara is an active learner dedicated to continuous training and personal growth in order to best serve her clients.
Tara is a Registered Provisional Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP). She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Simon Fraser University and earned her Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Adler University. Currently, Tara is a PhD student in Public Health at the University of Alberta with a research focus on caregiving for children with chronic diseases.
- Work life balance
- Marital conflict/divorce
- Career/academic struggles
- Self-esteem issues
- Grief & Loss
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused
- Registered Provisional Psychologist (3141p), College of Alberta Psychologists
- PhD, University of Alberta [candidate]
- M.A., Adler University
- B. A., Simon Fraser University
- Member of the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Trauma Informed Practice Training Level 1 Certificate: Trauma and the Body
- MMPI-3 Workshop
- Graduate Teaching and Learning Program Level 1, University of Alberta
- Core Competency Module for Sex and Gender Research, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, Panel on Research Ethics, Government of Canada
- Level 1 Clinical Training- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Working with Trauma in Children and Youth Certificate, Cameray Child to Family Services (B.C)
- Intergenerational Family Patterns, Adler University