"Happiness is not out there for us to find. The reason that it's not out there is that it's inside us."
(not accepting new clients)
B.Sc., M.C., R.Psych
Registered Psychologist | EMDR SPECIALIST | wCB PROVIDER
There are times when events happen in our lives that can change the way we relate in the world and how we feel in our day to day lives. These experiences can be wide ranging and can cause us to suffer.
Jasbir is a dedicated and empathetic psychologist committed to helping her clients overcome challenges and live a fulfilling life. Understanding that struggles are a natural part of being human, she acknowledges that everyone experiences ups and downs. Jasbir is aware of how isolating oneself in their emotional journey can exacerbate difficulties, leading to further distress. Recognizing the potential pitfalls of trying to navigate challenges alone, Jasbir’s utmost dedication lies in creating a nurturing and compassionate environment for her clients. With her expertise and genuine care, she helps clients see their situation objectively and foster self-acceptance, even in the presence of imperfections. Jasbir guides her clients to utilize these aspects as a roadmap towards improved health and overall well-being.
In the nurturing space Jasbir provides, she encourages open exploration of concerns without judgement. She is dedicated to facilitating a transformative journey, empowering clients to achieve personal growth and wisdom. Through Jasbir’s compassionate guidance, individuals can gain insight, resilience, and the tools needed to navigate life’s complexities and ensuring that clients thrive in their pursuit of a fulfilling and enriched life.
Leveraging her expertise and training in diverse therapeutic approaches, Jasbir customizes a personalized plan designed to address the underlying causes of client’s challenges. With this individualized approach, she empowers clients to develop effective strategies that promote healing, growth, and long-lasting positive changes in their life.
As a member in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP) and the Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA), Jasbir upholds the highest professional standards and ethics. She has obtained her Bachelor of Science in Psychology from MacEwan University and a Master of Counselling Psychology Degree from City University of Seattle. Jasbir is always actively pursuing further education and training to continuously improve her ability to help her clients. Jasbir offers services in several languages – Including English, Punjabi and Hindi.
- Trauma & PTSD
- Stress & Burnout
- Interpersonal/Relationship Difficulties
- Life & Career Transitions
- Cultural and Intergenerational Difficulties
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Trauma Focused
- Registered Psychologist (#6164), COLLEGE OF ALBERTA PSYCHOLOGISTS
- MASTER OF COUNSELLING (M.C.), City University of Seattle
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.SC.), macewan university
- Member of the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Member of the Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA)
- QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, WORKERS’ COMPENSATION BOARD (WCB)
- Member of EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Crisis Management Training, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), Canadian Mental Health Assoication
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety, Beck’s Institute
- Essentials of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Beck’s Institute
- Grief Support Services, Hope and Healing Center & Institute
- Faculty Associate, City University of Seattle in Canada
- Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute: Narrative Therapy
- Alberta Blue Cross
- ASEBP / ARTA
- Canada Life / CANADA LIFE – PSHCP
- Equitable Life of Canada
- First Canadian Insurance
- Medavie Blue Cross
- SSQ Financial
- Green Shield Canada
- Chambers of Commerce Group
LET'S GET PERSONAL
Beyond her therapy sessions, Jasbir has a rich tapestry of hobbies and interests that keep her balanced and inspired.
Nature has an incredible healing power, and Jasbir cherishes every opportunity to immerse in its beauty. Hiking, biking, and nature photography are some of her favourite ways to disconnect from the digital world and reconnect with the natural one. Jasbir is a firm believer in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and believes that physical and mental health are intrinsically connected. She enjoys participating in regular workouts and mindful practices to stay grounded and resilient.
Understanding culture and traditions has always been an important part of Jasbir’s life. She is fond of travelling to different parts of the world to broaden her horizon and foster empathy. Travelling allows Jasbir to further her passion to explore new cultures, try exotic cuisines, and understand how psychology plays a role in shaping our global society.
Giving back to the community is also an integral part of Jasbir’s life. Throughout her life, she has been involved in various volunteer activities at medical facilities as well as shelters for women and children. Jasbir believes in using her expertise and time to create a positive change in the lives of others.